The Microplastics2018 Organizing Committee welcomes you to attend the conference "Nano and microplastics in technical and freshwaters systems - Microplastics2018" that will be held from October 28 to 31, 2018 at the Conference Centre Monte Verità, Ascona, Switzerland, the venue of choice for Congressi Stefano Franscini, the international conference platform of ETH Zurich.
Microplastics in technical and natural systems are evident worldwide calling for an in-depth understanding of the implications of these pollutants. Leading scientists studying sources, releases, uptake and toxicity of microplastics alongside with representatives from industry and government will provide context as to how these materials are used today and how they may be regulated in the future.
The conference will be limited to a maximum of 120 participants (including invited speakers and organizers). In case of overbooking, participants with an accepted abstract will have priority.
Confirmed Invited Speakers
(Click here for speakers details)
- Richard Thompson, University of Plymouth, UK
- Chelsea Rochman, University of Toronto, Canada
- Michael Sander, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- Denise Mitrano, Eawag, Switzerland
- Thorsten Hüffer, University of Vienna, Austria
- Rainer Lohman, University of Rhode Island, USA
- Natalia Ivleva, TUM, Germany
- Tamara Galloway, University of Exeter, UK
- Gunnar Gerdts, Alfred Wegner Institute Helmoholz Center for Polar and Marine Research, Germany